Since 2017, alt (formerly Altcoinomy) is the leading KYC/AML expert for digital assets. It cemented its reputation on crypto-compliance expertise by accompanying countless individuals, corporates and banks, navigate the most stringent regulatory requirements. Early adopters, crypto millionaires, token issuers and financial institutions rely on us on a daily basis for all their digital assets needs.
As a Swiss financial intermediary and crypto-broker, we specialise in high-end transactions through our OTC desk and act as a clearer and paymaster of funds.
Up to now, the world of finance has been relatively protected from disruption, unlike the service, hotel, transport, or luxury industries that have all been digitalized. Finally, the financial world is experiencing this disruption with the acceptance of digital assets by a community outside of the blockchain one. alt is here to bridge the gap between the traditional banking world and digital assets, in a smooth and seamless way.
As an avant-garde multi-family office, CAPLAND’s Director, Olivier Cohen, took an interest in digital assets as early as 2012. Altcoinomy SA was thus created to build the missing link between early adopter and financial institutions.
alt was established to address the basic need of facilitating crypto-related fund transfers. We realised early on that despite investments in digital-assets becoming increasingly widespread, banks continued to be reluctant in accepting crypto-related funds.
Today, alt is the premier provider and facilitator of digital asset services in the industry. KYC/AML, prime brokerage, we draft crypto due diligence reports, execute crypto trades, facilitate project fundraising and bank account opening, all in the most compliant way.
- Rebranding to alt (www.alt.co) – first marketing effort since inception.
- Filing of Fintech license preliminary application.
- Major cash-out transaction (2300 BTC, equivalent to $115mio) transacted within a couple of hours.
- Launch of wallet recovery services (www.wallet.surgery)
- Altcoinomy joins the Capital Markets Technology Association, with Olivier Cohen as AML Committee member.
- Altcoinomy expands its AML program by adding systematic forensic analysis through partnership with Scorechain.
- The KYC platform initially built for its own ICO projects is completed and the technology is leveraged to accommodate third-party Token Issuers crowdfunding. Elrond, now a USD 10bn market cap, signs first AML service agreement.
- Altcoinomy is granted corporate accounts in several private banks and specialises in large OTC transactions.
- Altcoinomy is co-founded by CAPLAND SA (a Geneva-based Asset manager) and one of its key employees, Olivier Cohen.
- Flow ruling is granted by the FINMA: allowing Altcoinomy to trade digital assets and to keep back ups of client private keys.
- ICO on hard-asset stable coins on hold due to LPCC license requirement.
Meet the Team
What They Say About Us
"Working with alt was a smooth journey, our private sale contributors reported very professional handling of their onboarding. This allowed us to concentrate on our tech and accelerate our launch date."
"alt scaled their infrastructure, improved their API with specific features, and accommodated to the workflow we requested, resulting in a successful fundraising of $12M+."
Colu Project Manager
"Thanks to alt expert way of handling the CLN buyback program, Colu DLT has concluded its Colu blockchain project in the most compliant way."
"After our token sale, alt contacted the purchasers and performed KYC/AML with 80%+ successful cases. Buyers who didn’t pass were subsequently refunded by Arianee."